I got THE CURE- for you

A few years ago, a conservative doctor put out a book claiming that liberalism was a mental disorder. Why would people think that it is rational to take money from people who earned it, and give this begotten booty to people who didn’t earn it?


Today, a liberal scientist believes that conservatives haven’t evolved enough, because they are lacking a particular element in their genes.

It would seem that each political side has its BEST minds, doctors and scientists, working on a cure for the rest of us, so that we will someday- all think alike.

(Isn’t this how EVERY freaking scary movie starts out? Scientists working on a cure to make things better, but they create monsters instead.)

PLUS- this whole topic shuns the idea of free speech; IE- I can MAKE you think like me, through science.

However, the topic does give shelter for those who need to rationalize: “I can’t answer his questions, but I MUST be ok because the doctor / scientist said that ‘they’ have a mental disorder and haven’t evolved yet.”

So, I thought that it would be fun to look into these theories. I will take the conservative approach, (naturally), and ask:

Could there be a (pill) for liberalism..??


We are able to treat other mental illnesses. Could there be a pill that will treat liberalism?

Dr. Rossiter claims "Liberalism is a mental disorder."

I know that radio talk show host Michael Savage wrote a book that stated that liberalism is a mental disorder. But now, a professional medical and board-certified clinical psychiatrist claims it is true.

I have always wondered about liberalism, however I have always felt that liberals never truly grow up.

Here was my thinking…

Remember as a child, waking up on Christmas morning and rushing to the Christmas tree. Each child (hopefully) has about the same number and value of presents under the tree. Because if one child has a few more gifts than the other children, there will be hell to pay by the angry children claiming Santa was not fair and gave that child more. (So, since the beginning of it all, Santa has had to be careful not to favor one child over another.)

Liberals view the government as "Santa."

A guy in a red suit handing out gifts to the masses.

Don't feel bad, I too was a liberal when I was in my teens and twenties. I was an alcoholic and could never excel in my profession. I was living paycheck to paycheck and never seemed to have enough money. I felt it was unfair that "some lucky bastards" had so much more than I did. I spent two decades complaining about it and "hoping" the government would fix my life.

Then a funny thing happened…

I grew up.

I kicked the booze, the drugs and began to excel in my profession. I found that the talent I needed to climb the ladder out of poverty was already inside of me. (I just never really gave it 100% and tried.) I began to do better and spend more time doing the job that I love. I became more valuable to my employer.

That is when it happened…

I no longer need my employer. My employer needs me. (And that is when the pay increases for you.)

It is at that moment that you become a conservative. When you see people all around you who do not try. They do not care about doing a "good job." They are happy just providing an "average service."

They spend their lives waiting for someone to come along and fix their lives.

Why should the government reward those who do not try..??

We are not talking about the physically disabled or the mentally ill. We are a compassionate nation and we can help these folks.

I do not want a HUGE government that plays "Santa" with our tax money and gives it to people who waste their God given talents.

Back to Dr. Rossiter book…

Dr. Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by the two major candidates for the Democratic Party presidential nomination can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

-creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;

-satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;

-augmenting primitive feelings of envy;

-rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

"The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind," he says. "When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious."

Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr, MD received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago and served for two years as a psychiatrist in the United States Army. He is currently in private practice in the Chicago area.

Dr. Rossiter is board certified in both general and forensic psychiatry. For more than forty years he has diagnosed and treated mental disorders, with a special interest in personality pathology and its developmental origins.

This is a very interesting premise and if I get a chance to read the book, I would love to talk about it more.

If you are liberal, you should ask yourself this basic question:

"Why do I feel that someone else should pay for my expenses..??"

LINK- To read this editorial with pictures and comments, click here