Do not ask, do not tell: Homo- erectus

Photobucket

Do not ask, do not tell: Homo- erectus

I like to push buttons.

I love to get people going.

Photobucket

One of my favorite things to do is to turn an argument around, and toss it back at my opponent.

Photobucket

I try and do this with government health insurance. If you are going to give people FREE health insurance, shouldn’t you also give them FREE food? What will kill a person quicker; lack of food, or lack of insurance..??

Last year, I used this trick with our government’s military policy of “Don’t ask, don’t tell.”

Part of the “hopey change” that President Obama promised while campaigning was that he would end the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy.

OK, I was using this unkept promise to rag on liberals; Why hasn’t Obama ended this policy? The president could sign a paper tomorrow and put an end to “don’t ask, don’t tell”, but he hasn’t?

Well, what do you know, President Obama has brought it up again, recently. A promise to END “don’t ask, don’t tell.” I still believe, (and I would almost bet money on this) that Obama will NOT do anything with this military policy. I think that he is just throwing a bone to the Gay community, I do not see him acting on this because he needs all the support that he can get.

John McCain has gotten himself into trouble with his liberal friends for demanding NOT to change the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy.

Photobucket

At the risk of sounding like I am defending John McCain, or defending a policy produced by President Clinton, I did want to give my point of view.

As far as what I believe in- with Gay Rights...

I have changed my thinking on this topic in the past few years. I do not want the government telling me what I can eat, what car I can drive, or what the temperature of my house should be. So what right do I have forcing the government to dictate who can legally marry?

However, do not force churches to marry Gay people. If a church is reluctant to marry Gay people, they should have that right. To force otherwise, would be unconstitutional.

Yet, with that said, I do not understand the anger that Gay people have over the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy..??

Photobucket

Before President Clinton signed this law, the military would ask people if they were Gay. If you answered YES, you were told to leave. So this forced Gay people to lie, if they wanted to serve our country.

Photobucket

After Bill Clinton passed this law, the military cannot ask if you are Gay, however, you cannot prance around the military base and flaunt that you are Gay.

OK, here is what I do not understand...

Why do people feel the need to announce their sexuality..??

Do women who serve in the military wear high- heels, camouflage mini- skirts with G-stings, and a peek-a-boo tank top while fighting on the battle field..??

That might actually help confuse the enemy, however women do not flaunt their sexuality on the battle field. “They are soldiers. Fighting for America.”

Photobucket

Back at the military base, do women soldiers wear skimpy shorts with a t-shirts that read: “I prefer penis”..??

What is it that the Gay person is fighting for..??

Are you fighting for the right to proclaim to everyone who you prefer to have sex with..??

What does that have to do with the military..?? How will that help to protect the country..??

What do you want the military to do..??

Photobucket

(OK, follow me here, because this is going to get tricky.)

If the military knows that you are a Gay male, and they place you in a barracks with heterosexual men, wouldn’t that be like placing a heterosexual women in a room full of men..??

Do we need to build 4 different barracks. One for heterosexual males, one for heterosexual women, one for lesbians, and one for Gay males..??

(But that will not work..??)

Wouldn’t putting lesbians together in one room be the same as pairing straight men and women together..??

And what do we do with the bi-sexual people..?? THEY COULD GO BOTH WAYS..!!

Do we need to build little rooms for each of the Gay people to sleep in, alone..??

What is it that the Gay Community is fighting for..??

I have tried to put it into prospective, but I cannot.

For example, at work; during a business meeting where we are talking about problems and solutions, costs and profit. I have NEVER felt the urge to stand up in front of the meeting and say: “This is a great meeting people, but I wanted to tell you all that I dig chicks. I love women. I am kind of a breast man, but I do love legs. The shorter the dress, the better! Because I love me some women..”

Photobucket

I have never felt the need to do that, so I do not understand what Gay people are fighting for?

Is it that you have felt shame because of your sexuality when you were young, so you reach a point in your life that you do not care anymore, and you want to shout out to everyone that you are Gay..??

OK, I can understand that, but what does that have to do with defending the country..??

Photobucket

How will telling people that you are Gay help provide a better military for our country..??

Women in the military are asked to dress- down their sexuality while serving. Men are asked to take showers, wear pants, and not be drunk all day long. And Gay people are asked to not go up to every freaking person they meet and proclaim: “HI, I’m Gay.”

Everyone who joins the military is giving up their home life to serve their country. Everyone gives up something.

I guess I do not understand the need of Gay people to publically proclaim their Gayness..??

If you do not agree with me, you are a racist, and you hate women..!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is one of the attacks on John McCain for wanting to keep “Don’t ask, don’t tell.”

Comment made by someone called: “Death panels”

“..I'm against haters serving in the Military. McCain should have his record expunged and medals revoked!

EVERYBODY is expected to uphold and defend the constitution without exception. Every single person is expected to defend America, without exception.

It is wrong, very very wrong, to deny any person their duty and right to defend America as best they can. McCain was permitted to serve -- who the hell is this anti-Constitutionalist to deny others for religious discrimination reason based on HATE THEOLOGY!

Prosecute hate crimes which deny citizens their full rights. Prosecute McCain!..”

Photobucket

Thanks for reading

The Angry Republic

Photobucket