The only crime would be

Last week, six retired U.S. generals called for the resignation of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. They say he doesn't listen to military leaders.Representative Murtha is still calling for a complete US pull-out of Iraq. Mainstream media is able to find polls that indicate Americans are growing weary of this war in Iraq.Iran looks like they are gunning for a fight..The world needs Winston Churchill.

I picked up a book on Winston Churchill last week in thoughts of doing a post on him. (as it relates to today's terrorism.) I heard yesterday that a Chicago Newspaper reporter and Rush Limbaugh both covered this topic. I didn't get a chance to read their ideas and I wish I would have. Anyway, here is my take on it..I don't believe people of the world realize what a threat radical Islam will hold for the future. A fellow like Churchill would be vital with today's threats."Would Churchill approve of the war in Iraq?" I believe so. As a young man, Churchill could only be described as a war hawk. He traveled to where ever war was. Even if the British were only remotely involved, it didn't matter, Churchill went. This took him to Cuba, North Africa and The Middle East. So I believe Winston Churchill would not even think twice about America's involvement in Iraq. He may even suggest more British help for Iraq.Would Churchill call for a retreat from Iraq?NEVER!When talking about a particular battle during WWI, members of The British Parliament were discussing if the British advance would be (ethical) legal… Winston Churchill said this…"The only crime would be to leave before we finish this."I think that statement really hits home on our Iraq situation today. We argue if we should be in Iraq. If we are causing more harm? I could see Churchill standing up and delivering that one line…"The only crime would be to leave before we finish this."With the "Gathering Storm" of Iran and Radical Islam, the world could use Churchill's common sense today.I truly believe, if more nations of the world would joins us, the Iran nuclear situation could be solved without a shot being fired.But, then again, people didn't listen to Churchill until it was too late and Hitler grew strong. At least it would be comforting to know someone else in the world saw a threat.